Monday, November 30, 2009

Tears of A Nightingale

Time is my dreaded foe...
distance keeps me imprisoned...
while fate waits like a black crow...
i remain patient, kneeling by my window...

Every morning i rise before the sun...
my heart and mind gently stirs me...
For they know i only awake for one...
so i smile because it's you i see...

I hear your voice, as if only beside me...
i sense your breath as warm as summer's breeze...
Your presence illuminates my day and lets me see...
only wonderous things for us to seize...

We talk till the sun reaches her sky...
till your night is deep and dark...
My day slowly dies as you fly...
you leave behind only a mark...

Days and weeks have crawled by...
i've gathered your marks on my being...
When i hear your soft smile i can only sigh...
for its you that i've been missing...

Time is my dreaded foe...
when will he learn to let go...
To let me run to you; my core...
where i will be freed forever more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woman! i had tears in my eyes...!
luv u..

-ave-

Related Posts with Thumbnails