Monday, November 15, 2010

Spoken Word: Swimming In The Abyss



As I sit here, at the edge of my world
I let my legs dangle over this cliff,
looking into the thunderous ocean below
I feel all but stiff.

As my  mind takes the plunge into the the deep blue...
I forget to breathe as my heart ceases to beat,
I dissapear into the misty vapours and become invisible
consuming my whole self into this selfless feat.
My mind goes through this familiar rabbit hole,
I expect to see alice falling somewhere around me
the kaleidescope of colours is too much to hold,
that I close my eyes... in order to truly see.

As suddenly as it all began, I begin to feel at ease,
my relaxation becomes exasperation and now exploration;
and so I venture forth into unclaimed but vaguely familiar territory.
Here I sense a wild, untamed and lethal temptation,
this feeling, this place and these sights 
can only be explained through wingless words,
my faint presence is felt by none...,
and so I fly like one of those flightless birds.

This place of solace springs beauty from the ugly
it is not home, but I am intrigued by the habitat,
where creatures and plants are limited by only the imagination,
this is far from the Creator's normal format.
I am still some fluid wispy form floating by,
but needless to say that was the last thing on my mind,
I believed this deep Ecstasy whould quickly disappear
as soon as I started questioning this wondrous find.

If Utopia truly existed this would be it I presume...
music lightly plays in between random trails of thoughts,
the striking colours lash out to my less experienced senses,
I welcome the feared rainbow of explosive blots.
I fall so slowly and gently onto the path to Zion
where I crawl along the road less traveled for a better tomorrow. 
I came here alone, but cant help taking mental pictures for those left behind
for if i could not repaint this picture, it would be like a commiting a crime.

The day creeps into the blackest of nights,
I have never enjoyed this purest form of loneliness
it wraps over me like the warmest of blankets.
As I dive into the sea of stars that dance around Mars and Venus;
need i be lost to be found at last in this escape?
Grasping at my ropes of my past and future,
entwining me to the vines of the universe,
cementing me into it's own unique architecture.

My words are blunt swords and arrows missing the bullseye
in explaining the exact sights, sounds and tingling emotions.
But i try,i'm trying and i will try to illustrate the perfection,
for if you let go and dangle your legs over the cliff, you too will drown in this potion.
So let go, and cease being fearful of the dark abyss,
dive into the inevitable end and swim among your creations,
the power of your mind holds secrets only ye can unfold
may you wash up on shore with all this and more.. and more.. more...     





Artwork: Through_the_eyes_of_another__by_kedoshin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails