Monday, November 23, 2009

Of Sidewalks and Pavements

                Every day I walk on the sidewalk, staring at the cobblestones and kicking loose pebbles. Every day when the wind blows my way, I put my collar up and bury my hands in my pockets. Every day when the sun shines above my head, I wipe the sweat off my upper lip. Every second and passing moment is a beautiful stroke of my brush painting on my canvas of life. The miniscule details are delicate; together the pattern is one of a kind, different from every angle. I display my designs and wear my artwork, kicking loose pebbles, staring at the cobblestones, walking on the sidewalk, everyday…  

                By the pavements, I notice people. Some are squatting and constantly waiting. Some are chatting merrily engrossed in buzzing activity. Some fly by with amazing speed while others crawl past corners sniffing and hiding. Some stand scattered and alone dazed in bubbles of their own making. Some smile while they pace themselves to the farthest horizon. They run, jog, walk and drag themselves…oblivious of me. I watch, learn, cry and smile. Then I turn back to my sidewalk, staring at the cobblestones and kicking loose pebbles.

            When I’m in a rush I run faster sometimes I skip when I’m happiest, or I just collapse by the pavement when I feel tired. I met someone not so long ago, by the pavement. He glowed and made me skip around merrily. I still see him by the pavement and I can’t help but smile and skip along my sidewalk. We talk and talk and listen. He holds my hand. Here I am, smiling with my hand in his.

                Everyday I still walk on the sidewalk, staring at the cobblestones and kicking loose pebbles. I still turn my collar up when it’s cold and wipe my sweat away when it’s hot. I still paint on my canvas and create new patterns of artwork to wear. My heart has always been light and carefree, but now, when I see him, by the pavement waiting for me, it beats faster and faster and I smile unknowingly. My heart, still light and carefree is filled with more joy and love. I skip more and more, he smiles and takes my hand in his. Here I am, still on my sidewalk, only that now I have someone to walk with.

 

 Artwork : Butterfly_Kisses_by_luciole @ http://lucioleloong.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is BEAUTIFUL ..i love it...

awesomeee giler!!!
-ave-

Related Posts with Thumbnails