Friday, November 6, 2009

Icarus


the clouds have cleared
and the sunglight breaks in
piercing through the cracks in the sky
the ground breathes relief with each ray

a smile draws itself on my face
i am weightless once more
my wounds close and turn to only scars
as i gaze into the distance where the horizon awaits

wings burst forth from my shoulder blades
my hair is long once more
the wind is coming from the east
i take off my sandals and wait by the beach

it is coming, i can smell it, hear it
over the crashes of the waves
i can hear it reaching me
it's coming... it's coming... it is here!

ahh and i let go and fly...
high above the sea and lands...
i glide effortlessly
as if the universe is mine

the sun is closer and warmer
i feel the heat on my face
on my feathery wings..
"beware of the sun" i was told
and this i must hold.


Artwork: Icarus_Completed_by_dfbovey @ http://dfbovey.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails