Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Hands I've Held

Skimming through the pages i've written;
the ink describes my self discoveries,
curiosities and unanswered questions.
I smile as i've always known my pages
were missing the beautiful parts
that some of us take for granted,
forget to appreciate and i've let them
sink into petty notes by the side.

Before it's too late, let me take
the hands that have held me, helped me,
even the hands that have pushed me,
shoved me by the side, ones that pulled,
ones that carried me when i fell,
ones i slapped high-fives in the school yard,
that helped me finish stupid assignments,
the hands that held the ends of the jump rope.

Hands that drew pictures of ourselves in the clouds,
that maneuvered bicycles through small alleys,
on the dancefloor,some wiped the sweat off foreheads
that typed me a million and one messages.
Hands that showed me their own worlds
by reaching out to me and pulling me in,
hands that took nothing that belonged to us
that got us bleeding wounds.
I could go on and on and on...we all could
the co-authors of my great adventure...

My mates, buddies, friends and foes;
all but extras in my irrelevant stage production,
they were as real as night and day,
some come and go, few stay forever
but all i heartily remember...
Without these hands i've held,
i wouldn't have survived the world,
i wouldn't have survived myself.

May the pirate ship sail on!
May the adventures never end,
the treasure may never be
as sweet as the journey.
For the hands that i've held,
for the hands that i'll be holding,
no longer notes by the sides,
but truly essence of my crazy concoctions.


*Dedicated to every hand i've held,
especially to the ones that are still holding on.*


Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's really lovely, and you'll always have my hand. i assure you =) a good hand. xx Carey

Anonymous said...

thank you , for holding mine!!!
-ave-

Related Posts with Thumbnails