Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Dancer's Escape



Poem Inspired by 'Rock That Body - Black Eyed Peas' ;
Play & Escape! ;)



It's just like any other night,
I stand waiting under the spotlight.

On cue, the music explodes into the air,
like a lion, I then proudly step out of my lair.

Those infectious beats  create an euphoria,
and I just start breaking into a hysteria.

Impossible to take control, I let go,
into the night, I keep asking for more.

Slipping into an unbreakable trance,
everyone disappears; so no one sees my dance.

My heart throbs in my ears,
as I pump out every one of my fears.

The music makes me move,shake and break my body,
it is sweeter than any kind of candy.

I escape with every hit of the rhythm,
no one can take away this kind of freedom.




Artwork : Another_by_rgquarkup

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails