Saturday, March 27, 2010

Victim of Circumstance



as i lay on this bed in this dark room
i feel like the end is coming too soon
tired of wondering how it was in my mom's womb
seeking that shelter away from the world's gloom.
tossing and turning to a pathetic tune
wishing instead i was in a beach in Cancun.
how is it that life could spell out doom?
when all i really wanted is to feel that boom,
working day in and day out just to fume
over who gonna pay if i wanted some perfume?

look here God, am just tired of being around,
could you send me a memo explaining why i was born,
so i could set my life straight and stop the scorn,
so i could release myself from my failing bond
to the world so cold, so old and forlorn.
God please help me to be found,
if you're real you know i really need you now,
should i bribe you with sacrifices and learn to bow?
or do i chant prayers and sing hymns till tomorrow?

i know Shit like this always happens to everyone
am nothing special but i do love someone
i know i'll be missed if was gone
do i really want to wave goodbye and say 'so long'?
my mind is telling lies as high as the skies,
or is it shouting the truth with deafening cries?
do i let my mind wander and soul die?
or just lay on this bed and continue to fly...





2 comments:

ASMA said...

Love this peice of work manisha....So makes sense to me...

Manisha JM said...

thank u! am glad you like it :) i love it too..huhu

Related Posts with Thumbnails