Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rain Down On Me


They say when it rained it poured
when it came, no bird would soar.

Harmless droplets turned to bullets
thats why no one remains scarless.

As the clouds turn dark and rumble,
i start running, careful not to stumble.

Looking for some sort of shade
hiding from natures's gloomy parade.

When i found myself a damp cave,
it looked exactly like that death maze.

Why did the rain force me in here?
A place where my mind greatly feared.

There i remained till the rain cleared,
every second was mirrored torture.

Staring at those hard uneven moist walls,
i did nothing but rewind those insane calls.

Wishes and hopes of my parents, peers and lover,
suffocated me, shook me, made me run for cover.

I was forced into a corner to stare my fears down,
i felt drained like that familiar washed out clown.

Slowly but surely, the rain knew i would beat it,
as i stuttered then screamed, i murdered it bit by bit.

How was i supposed to know i would come of on top,
if i did, i would have walked in there like a cop.

What is done is done, should i feel different now?
As the rain reduces to a drizzle, i walk out with a bow.

Then i stare at the sky and instead of screaming
i silently point to the heavens and walk away smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know you already know this babe, but your work is brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails