Saturday, March 20, 2010

My People & I


Green pastures and prancing horses,
now only belong in dreams,
nuclear bombs and armed forces,
are now what accompanies daily screams.
I miss my neighbours smiles,
and hearing the children laugh,
were now all apart between miles and miles,
waiting patiently for that white dove.

As my hair turns white and limbs start to creak,
all i still see are bodies by the street,
who will help the poor and the meak?
You? I? Or maybe the King's fleet?
Patience is now running low,
my people can't take it no more,
soon they might get up and go,
like how they did long long ago.

Rise now my brothers and sisters,
wipe away your tears and stitch your wounds,
now from mourners you're to become fighters,
no longer breathing those toxic fumes.
A revolution will be born today,
where the innocent will prevail,
where those cannibals will see the errors of their ways,
and set their ships to sail.

Together we'll build our defensive wall,
cementing blocks with our blood-stained hands,
waiting once more, but now for the call,
that will release us from our trance.
As the sun rises and we march for our freedom,
we know the battle will be long and hard,
for those who wish to shatter this kingdom,
they best play some other card.

This story is so very old,
as his story never fails to replay itself,
it becomes our hope and our gold,
forcefully taken from it's dusty shelf.
I only wish for everyone to come together,
and fight of every ungodly luck and curse,
to be as vengeful and unpredictable as weather,
and stand up to those who've trampled on us.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails