Friday, May 7, 2010

Masks




No one really likes the real me
they can never handle what they see,
no one appreciates my real beauty
they think its unclean and dirty.
No one feels comfortable in my true presence
they feel all choked up and start saying nonesense,
yet they keep begging me to show my real self
and the truth goes unheard since their all deaf.

Am tired of putting on all these masks
i used to only do it cause it helped juggle my tasks,
but when am at home and around people i love
i wish i could take it off as easily as i do a glove.
But it's better since everyone is comfortable and happy
by putting on a mask and being less filthy,
this mole hill is now bigger and far more absurd
am getting very impatient so pray let me be heard.

The story of my masks begins like this;
i had alot of things to do so there was a list,
mortal responsibilities along with immortal dreams
they were all bursting at their hand sewn seams.
So i started with trying out a single simple mask
before i knew it i was wearing it from dawn till dusk,
sooner or later my wall was filled with rows of them
gleaming in the night, that was when i knew i was damned.

Very soon it became such an easy habit
switching between masks to keep my life's lamp lit,
one acquaintance knew me as a simple pheasant
will the other thought i was a learned wizard.
Thinking they knew me like the back of their hands
they tried to use me as a pawn in their stupid plans,
i could care less cause i knew it was the right opposite
for it was them who were dancing to my enticing beat.

Now as the years have slowly crawled by
and my masks have done everything but cry,
its time to say that inevitable goodbye
time to release the truth and bury the lie.
Don't blame me for not trying before 
i tried to show the ones i would die for,
but even they thought i was rotten to the core
when i showed them what i truly bore.

So when i breathe my last breath and leave this place
will i be wearing a mask or will  be showing my own face?
i've been contemplating about the finish line of my race
will i run fast to stay ahead or slow my winning pace?
I have to do the right thing before it's too late
even though it'll  probably garner nothing but hate,
i have to at least try to show my real slate 
instead of leaving it to unpredictable fate.



Photograph : Green_Mask_by_enayla

1 comment:

Irenelim said...

Wow, that mask is ... so out of this world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails