Monday, May 3, 2010

Life's Lemonade


How often do people feel utmost joy?
like during Christmas, when you got that new toy,
that very elevated  carefree feeling,
where you're so high you could touch the ceiling.

Most times my pen gets carried away,
describing thoughts few people dare say,
but the things in my heart are much less dark,
au contraire, they possess quite the spark.

My life is really very charming and beautiful,
i have family and friends that are way too cool,
still there's always one or two unfortunate days,
where all i want to do is retreat to one of my caves.

Yet in spite of it all am trully blessed,
to be more more happy than sourly stressed,
to have the chance to go to school,
or to simply laze around in a pool.

My life is such a fantastic fantasy,
its as wondrous and free as the blue sea,
day and night like any poet i stare at the sky,
and wonder how it would be if i could only fly.

I take care to enjoy the littlest of things,
not only for the utmost joy it brings,
i watch and think about the things around me,
constantly learning; for that is the only key.

Our lives are sometimes sour like lemons,
but most times sweet like lemonade,
it's true that all you need is balance,
to live a life you would never trade.



Photograph : Lemon_tree_by_FreakVampire88

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails