Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Girl Meets Boy

One day, a silly girl played chess with a boy
and after that she didnt want any kind of toy,
instead she wanted to wait for the perfect time
to tell the boy, 'I wish you were mine.'

They say everything happens for a reason
even the slow pace of the changing seasons,
but when i met you that many seasons ago
i never guessed it would be all this and more.
I was never happy to readily give my heart away
eventhough i knew it was a small price to pay,
to have you in my arms and to hold you close
to be with the man my own heart so easily chose.

How would have it been i wonder...
if our paths had never crossed each others,
i'd like to think it was fate or destiny
or something more important and maybe less funny.
Whatever the reason might so well be
i am glad that it came to be,
for when i am with you i feel complete
when i'm with you my heart ceases to beat.

I dont care if others think i'm silly
for going about confessing my love so openly,
i hardly care what anyone or the world thinks
for am to busy listening to my heart as it sings.
I seemingly care less for both food and water
when it's you that constantly makes me ponder,
about life, love, philosophies and theories
that type of thing one mostly buries.

So to the boy who played chess so cunningly
it is his fault that i fell so deeply,
what else am to do but wait for him
to come back and play till life's lights dim.


Artwork: (Above) Fidelity_by_kemosabe
   (Below) love_by_Hadaroshi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails