Monday, October 26, 2009

On The Ledge

i stand at the tip i heard only as myth
familiar but distant as though never ever
i reek of fear and grief as i stand at this tip

my being aches so
its been torn by my own hands
i am helpless in this state
i knew not how to give up
now i know not that what is fight

the tip is inviting
the fall even more
no need of flight just the fall
i deserve not to breathe this air
i deserve not to think of him

i poisoned the thing most pure
and i hurt the being most sweet
all for my lost aimless self

i blame only i today
yet i wish to be rid of the pain
i tremble when i speak
i am weak

i remember how to smile, but it is a gift to great
the fall is easier
i wish to be buried in a hole and die today

i will only stand; at the tip,
for the rope i was bore with holds me back
my parents bled for me to live
i cannot be selfish again

i will crawl and live for them to pay what i owe
but i will die inside
for i extinguished my one true flame

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails