Monday, September 22, 2008

My Mind

……is more of a foe than an ally. I struggle to work alongside it... Sometimes we fight and walk off in opposite ways... Sometimes we agree and accomplish and produce unimaginable things, wonders that stun mortal eyes. Most times we lead separate lives…

Why do I say my mind and I are not but one? Am I insane to think my independent mind does not belong to me? Then you may wonder where my own thoughts come from? From a deep place within, where inspiration, strength, and yes even ideas are entwined and flow like liquid… they are all synergized and work as one. But my foe the mind sits and sulks in a corner, contemplating and thinking of ways to sabotage my harmonious soul... It schemes and distracts me from my true purposes, throwing obstacles in my way... Would have I not achieved peace by now if it was not for my restless mind questioning everything and everyone around me? Oh how I despise it…

Do you fight similar battles? For if you do, do not let this predicament be a bump on your road... Like me you only need to do one thing, and only one thing. Control it. No not your soul, but your mind. Control its wants and so called needs… join me and take the reigns instead, I will not let that pest the mind put me under its spell once again... amusing itself with antics it makes me play. I have my own plans…

So I shall put my foot down and say this to mind; “Join me or prepare to feel my wrath, if you choose the latter I assure you that I will test you, tempt you and make you bow down by force.” 

I see a fork down the road I am about to trudge on... One is down a path of combined power creating a complete me. The other road shows a bleak future where I may live my life constantly fighting my own demons, aroused by none other than… my mind. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:D

Anonymous said...

In each and everyone of us, we have a split identity - it represents something not fulfilled by you. So at times, there is this feeling that comes about...wanting you to do it. It is true, you need to control it. You need to show that you are the master of your own destiny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails