Saturday, September 20, 2008

Joy in Solitude

Why do so many people fear the emptiness of loneliness? Is it because we were given the picture of a man sitting by himself reflects a feeling as if the world is just too big for him? Why weren't we taught the truth? That everyone belongs to a huge flock of sheep...and those one or two that bravely wander off, get to see the trueness of the world, of the field, of the valley...

More than often I've been asked, "Eating alone?" with an accompanied face of pity... Well I chose to eat alone, because i prefer my far more intelligent thoughts to those trivial sheep-ish thoughts of others. I do not deny that once in a purple moon, I bump into fellow wandering sheep and we exchange thoughts, experiences, and laugh at others and ourselves. Then as sheep wanderers do, we continue to wander along...in solitude. For we find joy in stillness, in quietness, in emptiness...

Now think not that my world is filled with nothing but a monotonous voice that keeps me going... It is filled with songs of millions of years, bursting from within... Hard to see, easier to feel, it comes easier to some than most... When now as the world is completing its cycle, more sheep are wandering and finding their...solitude.

As time goes by, I know I will meet more of my kind. But is it not inevitable to stay away, if it is our truer nature? Then perhaps we solitude lovers will become the flock of sheep instead? I doubt that will happen...for most will be wolves in sheeps' clothing.

6 comments:

Adi Aizuddin said...

Hi Manisha...i just started blogging too :)
btw deep introduction there, keep more post coming!

Anonymous said...

wow

Owi said...

great stuff Manisha ... could feel you as i read ... hope you keep them coming and keep them as real and as good as this one ... cheers :)

Anonymous said...

hope the passion of writing doesn't die :)

will drop by again soon.

*runs off to other profiles in facebook*

Anonymous said...

Manisha the Blogger... Very well put :)

Manisha JM said...

thanks for your comments guys :) its great getting feedback ^_^

XOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails