Saturday, February 13, 2010

When I Lose My Sight...

The day will come I know, for even now I am slowly unable to see.  I shall remember the colours of crayons and trees in my favourite park. I shall remember the faces of my loved ones and the strange strangers that I could never forget. I shall remember everything and everyone that crossed my path and touched my eyes. I shall miss watching the sky everyday, day and night. Everyday I watched the clouds and the stars, everyday. It was as if I knew I would lose my sight one day. At least now I can quietly record my favourite scenes in my head, at least I was lucky enough to have seen so many beautiful things through these eyes of mine, at least I saw all that I could, all that I would. I shall miss it all.

Now as my tears flow, as I solemnly say my goodbyes, days away from the apocalypse of my paradise, I can only be grateful. Thankful for seeing what I’ve seen and happy to continue enjoying if not the sights at least the sounds of life. I hear that the sounds of life are as great if not greater than its imagery. At least I still can lose myself in music, as how I’ve lost myself in paintings and photographs countless times before. At least I can still hear my loved ones speak and feel their sweet embrace. At least I can still smile, at least I still can swim, at least I can still run, at least I still can do EVERYTHING but see. To have seen and not, is better than to have never seen at all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails